To facilitate political, economical, social and culture growth of the County through effective legislation, oversight and representation.
To be a model County Assembly that fulfills its constitutional mandates to the people of Marsabit county
Functions of the County Assembly
- Vet and approve nominees for appointment to County Public offices.
- Approve the budget and expenditure of the County Government.
- Approve the borrowing by the County Government.
- Approve County Development Planning and perform any other role as may be set out under the Constitution or legislation.
Role of Members of the County Assembly
- Representation role – Maintain close contact with the electorate and consult them on issues before or under discussion in the county assembly.
- Legislative role- Attend sessions of the county assembly and its committees by providing linkage between the county assembly and the electorate
- Oversight role -On public service delivery; and extend professional knowledge, experience or specialized knowledge to any issue for discussion in the county assembly.